Cruises can be a hell of a fun if you know how to organize them well. However, in case you don’t, you might end up with the hell without the rest of the phrase. Booking is a crucial part of the organizational part of the cruise, as this is the part when you actually need to take care of decisions, in order to enjoy throughout the entire journey.
Here are five cruise booking mistakes to avoid in order to enjoy your journey… unless you’re going to a trip only to find even more troubles there.
Things to pay attention to while booking a cruise:
- Wrong Cabin – Choosing the right cabin is probably the most important part of the booking phase of the trip. The type of cabin, its price and the location where it is are crucial things that you need to pay attention to. Cabins can be on the inside of the ship, which means that they do not have a view from the window, but are silent enough for rest; as opposed to the outside cabins, which let you spend a lot of time staring at the waves through the window and are very practical for claustrophobics.Apart from that, there are also rooms with balconies, which are the most desirable, but quite expensive, as well as the luxurious suits. The other important element regarding cabins is their location, as they can be found in different parts of the ship, such as the top deck, bottom deck, front, midship, and aft. Each part has its pros and cons.
- Booking at the wrong time – The reason why this issue is on the five cruise booking mistakes to avoid list is that the timing is of great importance when booking a cruise. Prices and benefits might change over time, so don’t just put off that application form and grab the opportunity when you see fit for it.
- Going for the lower price – The cheaper is not always the better, as cruises are part of the luxury of our lives. If you find an offer which seems too good to be true, then it probably is, as cheap prices almost always point out to cheap conditions. In addition, take in consideration that you’re going to need an extra budget with you on the actual cruise, as cheap essentials might be compensated with rather high additional services.
- Booking the wrong cruise – Offers may be presented with all the advantages online or in a booklet, but in reality, they might have a lot of flaws, which you cannot notice until you experience them on your own skin. Make sure that you investigate before booking for the cruise so that you don’t get disappointed afterward. Consider recommendations from friends who have already been on the particular cruise, as experience is valued the most in these cases.
- Booking in the wrong season – As absurd as it might sound, this actually happens to a lot of people. Make sure you are booking for the right season, as the same cruise can be drastically different over different weather seasons.
Hope you found our list of five cruise booking mistakes to avoid helpful, and make sure you don’t make the mistakes we pointed out.